Mojo n. *
- Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation.
- Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence.
- Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude
Last Friday, out of the blue, my mojo got up and left. Not a word or warning ahead of it’s departure, just a quick exit out the back door. At first, I couldn’t put my finger on it. I had an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I felt underappreciated and overwhelmed. Then it hit me, my mojo wasn’t there to back me up. Sneaky bugger.
It’s because it sometimes goes away that I appreciate it so much though. I actively go out an track it down, because I can’t get by without my mojo.
Do you find your mojo makes hasty departures sometimes? Here are 10 steps to help recover it.
1. Sometimes it’s just at the bottom of a wine glass. Don’t give up if not found after one, sometimes it’s sneaky and hides in glass #2
2. Ignore your work for a few days. Panic at impending deadlines is a great way to revive your mojo.
3. Purge your office. Your kitchen. Your underwear drawer. It feels good to clean things out. Get rid of anything that is cluttering your space.
4. Get jiggy with it. Knock boots. Dance in the sheets. Sexercise. You get what I’m saying here.
5. Don’t call a friend. Get your butt off the chair and physically meet a friend somewhere, preferably outside of your home.
6. Make amends. Nothing is better for the soul than making peace with someone.
7. Read. Books, magazines, and blogs. Don’t stop until you find the spark.
8. See what your mentors are up to. Don’t have a mentor? GET ONE. Mentors are highly motivating, plus they usually have mojo dust, sort of like pixie dust, just way more effective.
9. Start a new project. But only if you don’t have a dozen half-completed projects in the queue. You don’t want to make matters worse.
10.Fake it. You know what mojo is, you’ve felt it, you’ve dealt it. Now fake it until it returns.
*definition from Urban Dictionary