I love summer and I love summer foods. I think we tend to live on BBQ meals, cold ones and tons of frozen pops. Since we seem to inhale every frozen pop around in a matter of a day, I started to make these super easy and delicious Frozen Berries and Vanilla Yogurt Pops.
Making these frozen pops is really too easy. The kids will enjoy making them and creating so many different flavours. I used strawberries and blueberries (fresh) because they are our favorites but you can use so many different fruits, pick what the kids like. I made a Breakfast Frozen Yogurt Popsicles with Blueberries and Oats version and they were a hit. These hot mornings my daughter is yumming up a delicious frozen pop and I didn’t have to listen to her complaining about not wanting to eat.
I had my daughter helping me here and she decided we needed a little chocolate and who am I to argue 😉 You start by filling the moulds with a spoonful or two of vanilla yogurt (I use Greek yogurt because of the extra protein, why not right?). Then I spoon some chopped berries and continue with more yogurt. Do this until you reach the top of the mould, making sure you end with yogurt. Once I was close to the top of the mould, I scattered a few chocolate chunks into the yogurt and inserted the sticks firmly. Pop them into the freezer for a few hours and there you have it! Creamy, cold and very good for you treats.
Here’s what you will need to make this recipe:
- Greek vanilla yogurt
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries or fruit of your choice)
- Chocolate chunks
- Frozen popsicle mould
- Fill the bottom of each popsicle mould with a spoonful of yogurt.
- Spoon sliced fruit onto the yogurt.
- Continue to layer the yogurt and the fruit.
- Last layer should be yogurt.
- Sprinkle the chocolate pieces into the yogurt
- Insert the popsicle sticks in to the moulds.
- Freeze for at least three hours. Or until solid.