If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert idea that will wrap-up a perfect BBQ dinner, then Fresh Grilled Peach Sundaes are it! The peaches grill up in minutes and they pair well with creamy vanilla ice cream. Choose your topping, a dollop of whipped cream and it’s yum in a bowl.
Grilling is a favourite way to cook in the summer in most households, mine included. Food tastes amazing, the heat and work is kept outside, and there’s not much clean up afterwards. That’s the best part! Try out a few Easy Grilling Ideas and end your meal with fabulous Fresh Grilled Peach Sundaes.
I love peaches and they coming into their own soon so we’re going through them by the baskets. I try to use as many peaches as I can through the summer and throwing them on the BBQ is a great idea. I wasn’t sure how grilled peaches would taste, but I was very pleasantly surprised and so was my own peanut gallery. The peaches were warm, juicy, and sweet. Grilling even brings out the flavour of any not-so-ripe peaches. This has become a favourite summer time dessert.
- 2 Fresh peaches
- 4 Waffle bowls
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Sundae sauce
- Cherries (top)
- Whip cream
- Pecans (optional) for top
- Preheat the BBQ and in the meantime:
- Halve the peaches and remove stones
- Oil or butter the flesh side of the peaches
- Grill them for approx. 5 minutes with the flesh side down
- You will see the grill mars and they will be soft to poke.
- Put one half into each of the waffle bowls.
- Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream in to each bowl.
- Top each one with sundae sauce of your choice.
- Add some whip cream and a cherry.
- A pecan to the top if you like.
The sundaes look so pretty when you serve them. Put the whipped cream on the side so it doesn’t melt and you can still see the peaches underneath. The kids wanted chocolate and strawberry sauce and the adults topped the sundaes with honey and maple syrup. Everyone chose something different but each one was amazing! A cherry and a pecan for garnish, and presto! It takes 10 minutes and you have a mess-free dessert. Even the bowls are part of the master plan to avoid washing dishes!