What is a neologist? Donald Trump can be described as a lot of things but he is also a prolific Neologist.
That is my new way to describe this “very stable genius” who regularly entertains the world on Twitter, with some of his nonsensical, and often unexplainable, tweets.
Neologist. A person who practices Neologism.
Neologism. The coining or use of new words.
Sometimes, no matter how hard I try to avoid anything to do with politics, I just can’t.
Especially on Twitter.
I. can’t. look. away.
When a political figure like President Trump, provides the public with so much extraordinary material, via his own Twitter feed…I just have to run with it.
Extraordinary material— like made up words and catchphrases—things I like to collectively call Trumpisms.
A Year? Has It Really Been A Year?
I decided to compile my own list of “Trumpisms From The First Year”.
And yes, it has been a year, and yes, I literally sat down and scrolled through months and months of President Trump’s tweets to gather the words and phrases for my list. (FYI a person can only go back a certain number of months in one’s Twitter feed – September 2017 for President Trump).
A mind-numbing task, yes, but don’t call me “fake media”. I have back up! Screen shots!
Admit it. No matter what side of the political fence you sit on, you’ve got to love a tweet like this one, right?
And so, just for the fun of it, I present you with the list I compiled…
23 Trumpisms From The First Year!
- Make America Great Again (#MAGA)
- Covfefe – taken from his tweet that stated “Despite the constant negative press Covfefe”
- Fake News
- Little Rocket Man
- Incredible – “incredible men and women”
- Fake News Media
- Crooked Hilary
- Bad Hombres
- Great – “he’s a great guy”
- Build The Wall
- Total Loser
- Sloppy Steve (Bannon)
- Bill and Crooked
- Bad Reporting
- Extreme Vetting
- Drain The Swamp
- My Button Works! – “I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!”
- Very Stable Genius (#stablegenius)
- Really Smart – “Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.”
- CNN Flunky
- THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR
It’s a hard choice but, my favourite is still “covfefe”.
You’ve got to love a great new word, right?!
Stay tuned for more…because we all know…there will be more.
In the meantime, I’m off to grab a drink, make some popcorn, and get ready to watch that epic fake media awards show!
Editor’s Note: For those still rocking in a corner waiting for this nightmare to be over, take a second to check out our action plan for living in a Trumped up world.