Have I mentioned how ridiculously excited I am for the new expansion of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando? Probably once or twice right? The drums are beating louder now and while there is still no news of an official opening date for the new Diagon Alley, Universal released some more news about the exciting new ride that will be housed there, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringott’s.
For now, I maintain that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is the best ride EVER, but I suspect that this new ride will either match or exceed the excitement. Here are some of the fun details Universal is sharing:
During an action-packed, fully-immersive journey on Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, you will:
- Marvel at the 60-foot, fire-breathing Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon atop Gringotts Wizarding Bank
- Tour Gringotts bank and pass through the marble hall where you’ll see goblins hard at work
- Race through a labyrinth of underground Gringotts vaults
- Encounter the villainous Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestrange, as she attempts to send you to your doom
- Come face to face with He Who Must Not Be Named
- Experience even more mind-blowing moments
I’m loving the images they’re showing of the interior! No longer artist renderings, we’re getting real glimpses now of the inside of the ride.
Finally, I’ve watched the video they shared today, oh I don’t know, about 1000 times. Is it normal for a 44 year old women to be this excited for an attraction to open? Are you making plans to visit Universal this summer?