My girls are gone to summer camp for two weeks and if I didn’t send a camp care package they may not speak to me when I pick them up. I mean, the camp care package, after all is one of the best things you can get from home while away.
The struggle for me is that you can’t send food. I understand this. Who wants bugs in the cabins after forgetful kids leave brownies under the bunk beds? Still, I would love nothing more than to send cookies and bars and squares of every kind. It’s in my nature to feed people home baked goodness. That being said, all that will have to wait until they get home. So, in putting their camp care package together I had to get creative and in the process I’m pretty sure I’ve come up with The Ultimate Camp Care Package for Girls!
The first thing you must remember is that when your daughter opens her care package, she’ll have all kinds of eyeballs standing over her looking to see what’s inside. It’s not necessary but certainly nice, to include something for your daughter’s cabin mates. You can find out how many will be in her cabin by calling ahead of time to find out.
This year I included the following:
- Pillowcases with fabric pen – these can become their camp pillowcases they bring year after year
- Archie Comic books – school just got out – no heavy reading required
- Bubbles – I don’t care if you think your child is too old to blow bubbles….they’re not. Include enough for the cabin.
- Emery board – I know my girls won’t clip their nails while their away. I’m hoping something pretty might inspire them.
- Lip Balm – My girls are obsessed with EOS lip balm so I threw in a couple of fruity flavoured ones.
- Hair elastics – It doesn’t matter how many I packed, by the time they get their camp care package they’ll have run through them all.
- MadLibs – This is for the cabin and will no doubt elicit giggles long past lights out
- Stationery – I fully expect I won’t get a letter, but I included our address and stamps just the same. A mom can hope.
- Glo Bracelets – To share with their cabin mates.
- Fuzzy Face Magnetic Game – this is just pure mindless fun and during quiet time might be just what they need.
- Whoopee Cushion – this would drive me mental at home, but I’m all for it when it’s at camp.Ahhh, the joys of sleepaway camp.
I saved myself postage this year by sneaking these care packages into the back of the truck. After we had them settled in their cabins, I dropped them off at the camp office with instructions on what day to deliver them.
Last but not least, I know they’re going to the whole family, but who they’ll miss the most are the fuzzy creatures they adore so much, so I included a framed pictured of their dogs.
*Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links.