I’ve had this recipe sitting in my “to-try” folder for a couple of years now. I finally got around to making it tonight and I am kicking myself in the a-s-s that I waited this long. This was so yummy, I think I will make it again next week, and the week after that, and the week after that…….
1/4 cup Kikkoman Reduced-Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp freshly grated orange peel
1 lb chicken breast tenders
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Reduced-Sodium Marinade & Sauce
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread crumbs
1/2 cup smoked almonds, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
6 cups mixed baby salad greens
2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
Orange Teriyaki-Honey Dressing
Whisk together teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey, vinegar and orange peel.
1. Season chicken tenders with pepper. Beat egg with teriyaki sauce in shallow bowl until well blended.
2. Place flour in shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and almonds in another shallow dish.
3. Dust both sides of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with almond
4. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 6 to 7
minutes, or until no longer pink in centre, turning over once and adding more oil as needed.
5. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange chicken and orange segments on greens. Serve
with Orange-Teriyaki-Honey Dressing.