I recently came across a friends status update on Facebook that I fell in love with. For every kilometre she ran, she banked a dollar. At the end of two months she had $250 dollars to go buy herself something pretty and, I suspect, a pretty fit body to boot. I really loved this approach to getting fit. Far too often we look at what what we have to deprive ourselves of instead of looking at how we can reward ourselves for being in the best shape we can be. When Lean Cuisine approached me about their Lean Cuisine Rewards program, it was right in line with this approach, and so obviously I loved it. Eat healthy, get rewarded. What could be easier than this? In an effort to keep myself motivated as I train for a big race in the fall, I’ve compiled a list of ten ways to reward myself for staying healthy. Feel free to borrow any of these for yourself!
Ten Ways To Reward Yourself For Staying Healthy
1) Why complicate things? First and foremost, eating better and working out are a pretty big reward. You’ll look better, feel better and add years to your life.
2) Give yourself a spa treatment for every month you workout.
3) Pay yourself a dollar for every kilometre or mile you walk, run, or bicycle.
4) Buy yourself new running shoes after you complete your first 10KM.
5) Treat yourself to a destination race after you run for one year! Like maybe a half marathon in Hawaii or Florida.
6) Cross off your workout days with a red X. Five in a row, watch an entire season of a new show guilt-free on your rest day.
7) Reach a milestone, try something new. Completed your first 5K? Book that belly dancing lesson! Biked 25K? Maybe a cooking class?
8) Find someone to motivate. Sometimes the best reward is helping a friend meet their fitness goals.
9) Nothing feels better than buying nice clothes that fit well. Set your goals, treat yourself when you reach them.
10) Collect rewards for eating healthy with Lean Cuisine Rewards . Oh snap, how’s that for a reward? You can collect rewards just by choosing one of the twenty delicious frozen Lean Cuisine entrées and eating healthy. Reward yourself with things like a new cookware set, luggage or gift certificates. With all the convenience that Lean Cuisine offers you, these rewards are no work at all.
Collecting rewards from Lean Cuisine is super easy (unlike that run I just did). Simply enter the PIN found inside your favourite Lean Cuisine product here. You can start rewarding yourself almost immediately with free Lean Cuisine Entrees or you can let them accumulate and pick up some very cool rewards. I am personally working towards the Cuisinart Black Wrinkle 8 Cup Food Processor! Come to mama.
Lean Cuisine has given me 5 bonus PIN codes to share with my readers. Each bonus PIN may be redeemed for one free Lean Cuisine entree, or the points can be saved to redeem later for a larger reward. You will need to register online with the Lean Cuisine Rewards Program in order to claim your points. I’ll send a PIN code to 5 lucky readers at random, who have left a comment on this post, telling me how you reward yourself. (Must be a Canadian resident!) Please be sure to include a method for me to contact you. Cheers!
This post was generously sponsored by Lean Cuisine Rewards, but the opinions and images are my own. For more information, visit http://www.leancuisine.ca/en/rewards/