We’re nearing the end of summer and that means it’s time for back to school shopping. If you’re the parent of a teen though, you know that this is an especially trying time of year. We’re here to help.
These are the seven hottest Fall fashion trends for teens this back to school season, according to Seventeen magazine. We’ve seen these styles before but they all have a new modern twist to them for today’s fashionable teen. Imagine how impressed your teen will be that you know all this? Or not. Yeah, it is pretty hard to impress a teen isn’t it? But this is about you too so before we jump to the trends, here are 5 quick tips to survive back to school shopping with your teen:
- Make a budget then stick to it.
- Look online and know the sales. It takes a little more time but it is the best way to save money.
- Know your school policy on clothing. Even if your teen’s school doesn’t have uniforms, there can still be restrictions on clothing.
- Carry cash so your teen knows that the shopping funds are limited.
- Establish a rule – you get final approval on all purchases – this just might avoid unwanted drama at the mall.
Back to School Fashion Trends for Teens
The grunge look is back but with a feminine twist – no more dark and dreary – this time around it is funky and fresh.
SO® Jogger Lounge Pants and Jerry Leigh Cheetah Leggings
Pastels – they aren’t just for spring and summer anymore.
LC Lauren Conrad Umbrella Pull-On Skirt and ROZARIO Ballet Slipper
ALANIA Ballet Slipper and Fifth Sun ”Homies Los Angeles” Foil Tank
Athletic styles that are sporty but feminine.
Freeze ”Brooklyn” High-Low Tee and CIAMBAVE Sneaker
Plaid in all styles – pastels, sheer and you can mix them with other prints.
Mudd® Plaid Oversized Square Scarf and Mudd® Chiffon Hi-Low Tank
Western – think suede and fringe. Giddy up.
OLENALLA Boot and Mudd Fringe & Stud Crossbody Bag
The fashions featured in this post are from Kohl’s and ALDO Shoes.