It’s almost Thanksgiving and you know that means. Turkey. Lots and lots o’ turkey. Aside from time spent deciding how to cook the perfect turkey, I spend as much time deciding how to get rid of the leftovers. In addition to turkey soup, we’ve had turkey sandwiches, turkey nachos and curry turkey salad.
This year we’re adding in some pasta for this Cranberry Turkey Bowtie Salad.
This is the a perfect salad to whip up for lunches at school and work after Thanksgiving and is a refreshing break from heartier fare. Of course, you can make this salad anytime of year and substitute chicken if you don’t have leftover turkey about.
Dried cherries are also a nice substitute for cranberries depending on the season. Keep this recipe handy for anytime you have leftover chicken or turkey for a delicious salad.
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine turkey, celery, onion and cranberries in a large bowl and combine with cold pasta.
- In a separate bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, salt, mustard, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss well to coat. Chill before serving.