It’s true. I’m officially an insider to the ultra-luxurious World Martini Day thanks to Belvedere Vodka. Starts singing *I’m so fancy, you already know, I’m in the fast lane…*
Belvedere sent me a very posh James Bond-like case filled with their premium vodka and everything I needed to make the perfect martini. They also had a question. How well do I know my Martini?
Let’s just say this Belvedere, martinis and I have made it well past first base, k? A true martini (no juice, no cotton candy floating on top) is a thing of beauty. It must be icy cold, with a twist or an olive and it must be made with only the best vodka and vermouth. It’s meant to be savoured not slurped and while there is some debate as to whether it should be shaken or stirred, it’s all the same to me as long as the vodka is smooooooth.
Let’s break it down so you can get intimate with your martini too:
1. Vermouth – Almost as old as time itself, Vermouth is a true classic when you consider it’s been around since around 1000 BC. You can find Vermouth in two varieties, sweet or dry. What you prefer is up to you. No surprise of course that I prefer dry because I’m already sweet enough, thank you very much.
2. Shaken or stirred – This is like asking who is the hottest Bond? Connery, Bronson or Craig? (The others can’t compete in my opinion) Anyway, shaken or stirred is a matter of opinion. Some say that shaking your martini introduces air into the spirit and alters the texture, while stirring leaves the spirit undisturbed for a silkier consistency. I say if you can taste that, you’re fancier than most.
3. Wet or dry. – This depends on how much Vermouth you add. Wetter, more vermouth. Dryer, less vermouth.
4. Olive or Twist. – I’m a little salty so give me an olive anyday, but a twist can be fun too. Again, a matter of preference here.
5. Vodka – Obviously there’s nothing in the this drink to mask bad taste, so a premium vodka, like Belvedere is the only way to go. Full stop.
Classic Belvedere Martini
2 oz. Belvedere Vodka
.25 oz. Dolin Dry Vodka
Combine ingredients in mixing glass and stir over ice until very cold. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a single green olive. Et voilà, perfection in a sexy glass.
Now get out there and celebrate #worldmartiniday today with your perfect martini.
Special thanks to Belvedere Vodka for including me as one of their vodka enthusiasts for World Vodka Day. It’s like they know me so well *blushing*