Growing up, I remember there being a lot of Campbell’s Soup in my house, but I don’t recall eating a lot of soup. I guess that’s because my mother was using Campbell’s Soups as the start of something spectacular for weeknight meals long before “semi-homemade” became trendy. Tomato soup in meatloaf, Cream of Broccoli in her Broccoli, Chicken and Rice, and Cream of Mushroom soup in her to-die-for Pot Roast. So, it’s fair to say that Campbell’s has been a part of my family long before the opportunity to participate in this Cook With Campbell’s Ambassador Program through Mom Central.
So, I’m not waxing poetic when I say that the opportunity to work with Campbell’s over the next 3 months, is like working with a friend. Campbell’s is not only a brand I know and trust, but one that we use quite frequently in our house. As an aside my husband makes a wickedly good queso using Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup. I’ll be sure to share it with you shortly!
Over the next few months Campbell’s will be asking me to share some great recipes with you. For my first recipe, I chose Campbell’s 20 Minute Chicken and Rice Dinner thinking it would be the ideal meal for weeknights when I’m rushing to feed my children before they head out for cheerleading. That was the plan anyway. The reality was that my Saturday got really hairy, as they often do this time of year, and I had no time for cooking. Perfect timing to try this recipe! True to the recipe, I had my family fed a quick, nutritious lunch in 20 minutes and I was able to get on with my day.
I’m looking forward to what the next few months will bring and sharing great recipes with you from Campbell’s along the way. In the meantime, put this 20 Minute Chicken and Rice Recipe on your menu plan this week and save yourself at least one “What’s for Dinner?” evening.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 cups fresh (cut up, cooked) or frozen vegetable mixture, thawed (i.e. peas, corn, carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups dry instant rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in soup, water and paprika. Cook, stirring often, until boiling. Stir in chicken, rice and vegetables. Simmer, covered over medium-low heat, for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute shrimp, sliced sausage or cubed pork tenderloin for the chicken.
- For a little added spice, substitute paprika for 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
Disclosure: I am part of the Campbell Company of Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.