A few weeks ago I went on and on about these Classic Weeknight Tacos from Campbell’s. I was blown away by the amazing taste Campbell’s® Tomato with Basil & Oregano soup added to the recipe and was plotting ways to use this soup more in other recipes. Sloppy Joes I thought, tossed with pasta and served over nachos. What I didn’t consider was meatloaf!
Thankfully Campbell’s did, with this recipe for Our Favourite Meatloaf.
Like every Campbell’s recipe we’ve tried before this was a clear cut winner in our house and our old recipe has hit the recycle bin.
Poor meatloaf gets a bad rap in some kitchens and I’m not sure why. I can’t think of anything easier to get on the table for a weeknight meal. It also happens to be delicious; served with a side of mashed potatoes and a green salad, it’s comfort food at it’s finest. If you haven’t tried meatloaf in awhile, I highly recommend you come back to it with this recipe.
Plus, if you haven’t tried a leftover meatloaf sandwich then you haven’t lived in my opinion. Sadly, our kids cleaned us out on this particular recipe, coming back for seconds and even thirds. All that was left in the bottom of the pan was a mouthwatering memory. Note to self: Double recipe for leftovers.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can Campbell's® Tomato with Basil & Oregano soup
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine beef, 1/2 can of soup, onion, breadcrumbs, parmesan, eggs, black pepper and garlic.
- Transfer to a nonstick 9x5 inch loaf pan. Spread remaining soup over top. Bake for 60 minutes or until instant read thermometer registers 165F when inserted into the center of the meatloaf. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: You can use a blend of ground beef and ground pork for a more robust flavour.