Houston, we have a problem. I may now be totally addicted to Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano. First, it was the Classic Weeknight Tacos, then it was Our Favourite Meatloaf and now this Cheesy Beef Lasagna. Soon, I’m going to be buying this soup by the case.
The flavour this soup gives to this lasagna is amazing. So much so that I’ve made it twice in the last two weeks. *unbuttons top button of jeans and pats belly* Yup, it’s totally fair to say that I’m addicted.
While the taste is what I love most, this is also one of the easiest lasagna recipes I’ve ever come across. Lasagna, in the past, has always been a strictly weekend thing. I whipped this recipe together on a Wednesday night for my daughters and their hungry friends. It takes less than 20 minutes to assemble and the rest of the time is in the oven. So while it was cooking, I was getting other things done.
Both times that I’ve made this was for a crowd, but the next time I make it I’m going to divide between two smaller pans and freeze one for another meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 3 cans CAMPBELL'S Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 3 cups CAMPBELL'S No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 4 cups light ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables caramelize.
- Add the garlic and ground beef and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until the beef is well browned. Add the chili powder and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the soup and cook for 5 minutes. Add broth and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, eggs and black pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread 2 cups of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top, overlapping noodles slightly to cover the bottom.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles. Layer with 2 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture on top of the second layer of noodles, layer with 2 1/2 cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread the remaining meat sauce on lasagna noodles, top with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and back for 45 minutes at 375F.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.