Hi guys, this is my first post here at Life In Pleasantville and I am hoping it’s a yummy one. I was feeling all Springy (is that even a word?) and my mind drifted off to sunshine, yellow and then whoaaa! Cheesecake, Lemon Mousse Cheesecake to be exact. It’s been awhile!
Feeling like I should share this amazing burst of pure deliciousness on a plate with you and then thinking maybe my first post should be something more. I am not exactly sure what I mean by more but Lemon Cheesecake is kind of done over and over right? I mean everywhere you look, there’s another Lemon Cheesecake recipe.
This isn’t just another Lemon Cheesecake recipe 😉
This is THE No Bake Lemon Mousse Cheesecake recipe!
Here’s what makes this little gem the best cheesecake you’ll ever make or eat:
Ok, first, can you find an easier or tastier pie crust? Seriously, this is 2 ingredients and guess what? There’s no rolling and no baking! It’s a NO BAKE Graham cracker crumb crust. You mix it up in a bowl, press it into a pie plate and TADA! your crust is ready to chill.
This filling! My oh my, here’s where it gets yummy! It’s just cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip. So simple but you know some of the best things in life are simple. You don’t even have to fuss with a mixer, you can use your handy-dandy whisk and you’re golden. I just love how quick and easy this recipe is, it makes me giddy. When I serve it, people are all ohhhh and ahhhh, but it’s not really a big deal (time wise not, taste wise it’s all that and a bag of chips!).
Now, it’s just a matter of spooning on dollops of lemon pudding (that you make first and chill) and swirling it through the cheese mixture. It looks so pretty! If you rather just fold the lemon pudding into the cheese mixture, feel free, it’s just as yummy. I like the look of the marbling when I serve it but that’s just me. Throw it into the fridge for a few hours to set. Serve with a dab of whip cream, sprinkle on a pinch of graham crumbs and add a mint leaf for the full effect.
- 1 99 g. (4 serving) pkg. of lemon pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1/4 cups of graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1 L) tub of Cool Whip
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Prepared whip cream
- Mint leaf
- Whisk the milk and lemon pudding mix together for 2 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Mix the graham crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into an 8 x 8 cake pan, pie dish.
- Chill while you prepare the filling.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in the container of Cool Whip until combined well.
- Remove the crust from the fridge.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into the pie crust.
- Spread evenly over the crust.
- Using a spoon, place dallops of the lemon pudding over the top of cheese mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl the lemon pudding through the cheese filling.
- Chill the pie for 2 hours in the fridge, until firm.
- Serve with a dab of whip cream.
- Add a mint leaf for garnish.
- IF you prefer a basic cheesecake, then instead of using the full container of Cool Whip, just use 3/4 of the Cool Whip and keep the rest for topping (instead of whip cream).